Publiée le 09/07/2019
1 - HAUTERIVE Saint-James is committed to protecting your private data
Because relations and trust are our utmost priorities, we have committed ourselves to applying a strict policy in regards to your private data. This policy is the fulfillment of our charter of good conduct that results from our engagements and protecting your privacy.
For any queries relating to this issue, please contact our Data Protection Officer, mentioned at the end of this document. The website https://www.saintjames-bouliac.com also provides you a form allowing you to appeal to your rights relating to the protection of your privacy. Just click on the following link: https://www.saintjames-bouliac.com/en/gdpr-form.
1 - CoNSENT
By “personal information”, we imply any information collected and saved in a format that allows to identify you as a physical being directly (e.g.: name) or indirectly (e.g.: telephone number and e-mail address). Before sending us this information, we invite you to read the rest of this document describing our privacy and protection policies in regards to our clients.
This charter for general data protection is part of our general terms of service. By accepting our general terms of service, you explicitly agree to the policies of this charter. So as your services can be conducted well.
2 - General Data Protection policies
- Transparency: during the collection and treatment of your personal information, we will inform you of the end result and the destinations of the information.
- Legitimacy: we collect and use your personal information exclusively towards ends that are described in this present charter.
- Pertinence and exactitude: we only collect the personal information that is necessary to treat the reservations and to provide our services. We take all recommended measures to guarantee that the information stored is exact and up-to-date.
- Retention: we conserve personal information during the time needed for the treatment of the data as required by law.
- Access, modification, opposition: you have the availability to access, modify, correct or remove personal information. You can also refuse its commercial use, notably to avoid receiving notifications or commercial offers. The coordinates of our Data Protection Officer are at the end of this document.
- Confidentiality and security: we have put in place technical measures and reasonable organization methods to protect personal information against alterations or accidental loss or malicious intent or the use there of, sharing there of or any other non-authorized access.
- Sharing and international transfers: we can share your personal information with service providers towards the goals detailed in this charter. We will not outsource freely or against compensation to commercial partners without express authorization beforehand. We ensure appropriate measures to guarantee the security and sharing of the transfer.
For all queries on these guidelines for Generalized Data Protection Regulation, please contact our Data Protection Officer whose coordinates are listed at the end of this document. The website https://www.saintjames-bouliac.com also provides you a form allowing you to appeal to your rights relating to the protection of your privacy. Just click on the following link: https://www.saintjames-bouliac.com/en/gdpr-form.
3 - When is your personal data collected?
Your data can be collected at any one of the following moments for the use of our services:
1. During a reservation on our site or with one of our partners:
- For a stay at our hotel;
- For a table at either our Gastronomic Restaurant or Café de l'Espérance;
- For a personalized reservation for a seminar or an event;
- For a cooking class at our school Coté Cours;
2. During the offer of services on our site or with one of our partners:
- Purchase of gift vouchers to give to your loved ones;
- Subscription for a special event;
- Subscription to our Newsletter;
3. During your arrival at our establishment:
- Check-In/Check-Out formalities and payment;
- Information queries, claims and/or litigations;
4. Transmission of data from third parties (partners):
- Relais & Châteaux, Lafourchette.com, Michelin.com, Bookatable.com, Booking.com, Tripadvisor, Expedia, VeryLastRoom, Verychic.com…
- Tour Agencies and Tours Operators ;
- Satisfaction questionnaire management systems;
5. Internet Activities:
- Logging in on our website (IP address, cookies) ;
- Online collection forms (subscription to our newsletter, satisfaction questionnaire...)
The Data Controller is responsible for the minimization of the collected data and the protection thereof by default. In consequence, are treated only the relevant data and are limited to the strict necessary in regards to the end goal for which they are treated.
4 - What are the end goals?
The data collected is stored in one or several computer files by the Data Controller, and have the following end goals:
1. Fulfilling our engagements towards our clients;
2. Handling your reservations:
- Establishing and conserving legal documents in conformity with current accounting formalities;
- Internal communications between our different services to coordinate your stay with us;
3. Handling your services:
- Follow-up of your services (reception, restoration, seminaries, classes, extras, ...)
- Management of the access to the rooms
- Internal management of the list of clients exhibiting inappropriate behavior within the hotel (aggressions and incivilities, non-respect of the hotel staff, non-respect of the security regulations, theft, vandalisms or other incidents).
4. Improving our services, notably:
- Treating your personal data in our marketing program, to propose promotional offers and have a better comprehension of your necessities and wishes;
- Adapt our products and services to better answer your wishes;
- Personalize the offers and messages addressed to you;
- Inform you of special offers;
5. Securing and improving the use of our website:
- Improving the navigation;
- Putting in place security protocols and preventing fraud;
6. Conforming with local legislation (for example the retention of accounting documents);
For all other end goals, the treatment and retention of personal data is subject to the express consent given by the Users and Visitors.
5 – Conditions for access by third party to your personal data
To guarantee your right of access and modification, we must share your personal data with outside and inside parties, in the following conditions:
1. To provide the best service, we may share your personal data and give access to authorized personal, notably:
- Hotel Staff;
- Reception Staff;
- I.T Staff;
- Commercial partners and marketing services;
- Eventual medical services;
- Eventual judicial services;
2. With service providers and partners: your personal data can be transmitted to third parties to improve your stay, notably:
- Providers for external services: I.T. subcontractors, international call centers, external lawyers, routers, printers,
- Social network websites: to allow you to easily identify yourself on the website without having to fill-in the log-in form,
- Local authorities: we can also be required to transmit your personal data to local authorities, if required by the law or during an investigation and in accordance with the local legislation.
6 - Data security
Our establishment takes the appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with local legislation, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, the loss or accidental alteration, or the disclosure or unauthorized access. To this end, we have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures (an ID/password system, means for physical protection, controlled access...). Our establishment is committed to ensuring all third parties hosting personal data is also conform with RGPD regulation.
When you enter information concerning your credit card during your reservation, SSL/TLS encryption ensures the safety of the transaction.
7 - Data retention
Except when a longer period of retention is required or justified by law or by the respect of another legal obligation like 10 years for the accounting documents, Hauterive Saint James will preserve your personal data during a period of 36 months for an occasional visitor and during a period of 5 years for the customers of Hauterive Saint James in order to reach and fulfill the objectives as described in the declaration of the "GDPR Charter", under the point "4 - What are the end goals?".
8 - ACCess and modification
You are allowed to access and modify your personal data collected by our establishment and modify them, with reserve to applicable legislation.
You can likewise use your right of opposition by sending an e-mail to our Data Protection Officer email@example.com or by writing a letter to this address:
RGPD - LE SAINT JAMES,
3 PLACE CAMILLE HOSTEIN
F-33270 - BOULIAC, France
The website https://www.saintjames-bouliac.com also provides you a form allowing you to appeal to your rights relating to the protection of your privacy. Just click on the following link: https://www.saintjames-bouliac.com/en/gdpr-form.
Because of privacy concerns and the protection of personal data, we will need to identify you before being able to answer any request. In that regard, you will be asked to join proof of identity, such as a copy of a driver's license or passport, to any such request.
If your personal data isn't exact, complete or up-to-date, please communicate to us the corrections at the previously mentioned addresses.
All queries will be treated as soon as possible, in accordance with applicable legislation.